Forum Home Forum Home > Adventure Forum > Trekking, Hiking, Rock Climbing equipments and gadgets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3-4 days trek in Maharashtra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krishnampkkm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3-4 days trek in Maharashtra
    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 5:22pm
Hello,

I want to know 3-4 days long treks near Mumbai or Pune. I am from Kerala and we few friends did 
a trek Sandhan valley - Ratangad-Katrabai-Panchani-Harishchandragad in Sep 2017. This year Aug/Sep, we plan once again to trek in Mumbai. But not getting much information about long treks in google. Actually we want to spend 2-3 nights at least in jungle. Could someone please help me to make a trek plan?

Regards,
Krishna.
Sponsored Links

nomadosauras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomadosauras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 1:26pm
Hi!
One can undertake a lot of range treks in the Sahyadri, tailoring them to suit the group's itinerary, fitness level and weather conditions.
You can find a few listed under the "Range Trek" topic in "Information" section of this forum.
I am listing a few more here:

1. LoBhi: Lonavla-Valvand-Kondheshwar temple-Dhangarwadi-Talpewadi-Kamaljai plateau-Bhimashankar-Khandas. Ideal for the time period you have mentioned and the trail passes through dense forests.

2. NaBhi: Naneghat-Jeevdhan-Amboli-Dhakoba-Durg-Durgawadi-Ahupe-Kondval-Bhimashankar-Khandas. This is one of the longest established treks that you'll come across in Sahyadri but ideally done in winter. 

3. Sinhgad-Rajgad-Torna-Raigad. This is one of the most popular treks amongst experienced trekkers looking for a 4/5 itinerary but again, ideally done in winters though you can find videos of trekkers who pulled it off during Monsoons, of course at great peril.

4. Salher-Salota-Mulher-Mora-Hargad-Nhavi-Mangi-Tungi. This is a range trek in the Baglan region. You can find plenty of blogs on this as well. 

Please note: I haven't done any of these except the Rajgad-Torna section of the third trek mentioned above but I would recommend not venturing for any of the above mentioned treks without a person extremely familiar with the terrain as whiteouts during monsoon and rarely used trails is a dreadful combination. Hiring a Vatadya/Guide is very important from safety point of view when traversing through dense forests. More experienced members of the forum might be able to help you with the finer details and contacts for accomodation/guides for the above treks.
Keep exploring and stay safe!

https://nomadosauras.com
krishnampkkm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krishnampkkm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 10:37pm
Thanks for the reply. In Rajgad-Torna-Raigad route, do we get any vehicles to cover some distance?
For eg Torna base to Mohari . Any driver's contact number do you have?
nomadosauras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomadosauras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:34am
You're welcome! 
Unfortunately, I don't have contact details of any driver from the region but you can easily find the same by looking up blogs about the trek or calling up stores that have been listed in Mohari region on Google Maps. 
Cheers & keep trekking!
https://nomadosauras.com
babelshantilal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelshantilal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:20am
I Have number of person from Mohari village - +91 9657897450
Talk him He will definitely help you to arrange a transport from Bhatti to Mohari
He can arrange your food and stay as well

Good luckTongueTongueTongue

Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic